Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Waffles, My Foot!

So I woke up this morning and ate a yogurt, and soon after reading, I woke Emily because I was hungry. I told her waffles sounded good, even though I know that we don't have a waffle iron, and she wasn't going to help me because her back wasn't doing well. Anyway, I told her that I had an idea and I was going to make them anyway, but she didn't like the sound of it. Here is my creation...This is the GEORGE FOREMAN/CHINESE way of cooking waffles. You have to have a grill, and you have to have chopsticks, and other wooden materials. Emily really didn't like the idea at first because she thought the waffles would taste like meat, and that it would be a big mess. Take a closer look at the Supa-grill to see how it works!
I have to admit that I was a little worried about the first one, because I didn't want it to overflow and have Emily be upset, and I wanted waffles! In the end it all worked perfectly without any problems, and for me, it was much less messy than making pancakes! Here is the first one...

Yummy :) Emily liked it! I definitely suggest that if you ever have chopsticks left over from Chinese food the night before, a George Foreman grill, and some enthusiasm for interesting things, that you try making waffles like this!

P.S. Some people can't figure out why I used chopsticks, so for those of you like this, it was to balance the grill so all of the waffle mix didn't spill out onto the counter (so it was level). This way, it makes the waffles Chinese, and George Foreman-ish.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

why do you need chopsticks?

{Layla} said...

You are so creative nicholaus! Actually I think Austin told me something about going over to your house for waffles one morning--and then he came back a few minutes later and said you two weren't home...they were probably too good you just weren't answering your door so you didn't have to share, huh? only kidding. ;)

TheMathes4 said...

Nick! Phillip told me if I commented on here you'd probably remember me, so I couldn't resist! It's Jess (Farmer)! Anyway, I just wanted to say it's so crazy to see you all grown up and cooking waffles! And your wife looks adorable! I had to smile because I remember you liking frogs as a little boy, and now from looking at this blog I know you still do!
Anyway, I hope you are both doing great!
Love, Jess