Monday, June 23, 2008

BIG Storm!

Since I finally figured out how to post on this thing I thought I better post again soon before I forgot! I just wanted to show you guys these pictures. Lately it has been storming like crazy out here . Sometimes the storms get pretty intense. These are some pictures of a storm that was going over us the other day. It was so creepy! As you can see there where these black clouds covering us and the thunder was just out of this world! I got pretty nervous when I was taking a picture and then saw a house about 2 blocks from us get hit by lightning! I couldn't believe my eyes!! this huge bolt of lightning came down and seconds latter huge sparks and flames where coming up higher than the trees. It was intense to watch, I hope no one was home. To bad I didnt get a shot of it. So thats about it for our weather adventures this week. Post again soon!

4 comments:

chris and lynden said...

holy cow, em. that's the trouble with being completely amazed and freaked out with something, you don't think clear enough to take photos. oh well, the storm photos are amazing. thanks for sharing!
love, mom

Emily & Nicholaus said...

I keep kicking myself that I didn't get a shot of that but you are so right mom, you just stand there in amazement and totally miss the photo op! I don't know if I told you about the storm a day or two before that where it blew the windows open and the whole floor was shaking because the thunder was so loud! I ended up sitting in our bathroom crying because I was so scared! I felt pathetic but I was honestly concerned that there was a tornado or hurricane coming. The weather out here is extreme!

Mills Family said...

thats freakin awesome...
miss ya guys

Amie said...

you know what? i have had dreams about storms like that. and then i wake up and think it's still happening, like it's real. weird.